[AT] JD Distributor vs. Magneto - NOW: Let the Resurrection Begin!

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Wed Mar 18 01:51:19 PDT 2020

Years ago when I got my 1948 John Deere A both brakes were stuck tight and
the guy I got it from had pulled the brakes out so he could tow it from out
in the woods where it had sat for about 15 years up to his tool shed. He
had bought that farm and the  JD A and an IH M were sitting in the woods.
The original owner had retired and later died.
I was not having any luck with heat and lube so I suspended them down in a
plastic barrel full of water and baking soda, dropped in an anode bar and
connected a battery charger to the anode and to the wire suspending the
brake units. I don't recall polarity right now but you can Google it. I
think I left them in a couple of days and it worked perfectly except it did
remove most of the paint too. I lubed the splash holes for the shafts and
the pedal shafts and the brakes worked fine. I highly recommend it.

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"
Central Indiana USA