[AT] JD Distributor vs. Magneto

jdnut at aol.com jdnut at aol.com
Mon Mar 9 14:43:54 PDT 2020

I haven't taken the time to check, but at least a number of the late Model "B" tractors and the early Model "50" Deeres came with a Wico distributor. It looks like the Wico X magneto, but is a distributor.  My experience is that they aren't as robust as the Delco, nor produce as hot a spark.  I'm keeping the Wico distributor in case the "Correct Police" come into play, but I bought a Delco distributor and coil for my Model "50" once I get the new radiator in.  So many projects, seems so little time.   As far as I can tell, parts for the Wico distributor are available.  I put in new points years ago, I don't remember it that different from anything else I have done.   I just found it was more susceptible to moisture problems than my mag tractors....and living in Ferndale... moisture is part of life.
John in Ferndale.