[AT] OT- Computer help please

Howard Fleming hfleming at moosebird.net
Sat Mar 7 14:00:27 PST 2020

Since the subject has come up....

My first computer was a Xerox 820 II that I built from parts after a
friend gave me a bare system board.  I installed it in a Televideo
terminal case, with 2 8" floppies, 2 5 1/4 floppies, and a 60 meg hard
drive running cp/m.

Used that until I replaced it with a Wyse 486 based computer running ms
dos or Digital Research concurrent dos (and later windows 3.1).

Now a days I am running Debian linux on my home workstation and servers
(with one lonely Centos 4 server running on a PIII computer. I really
need to replace it, but it has been running nonstop (except for power
outages and moving it a few time) the last 18 years or so...).

As for a tractor reference, I keep a fair amount of digital manuals for
older equipment on the system, and for the 8N I have in the garage.

Howard