[AT] hydraulic cylinder repair

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Mar 3 10:06:50 PST 2020

Here in Central OK, we had a company called Sealco that we could get
parts for our hydraulic cylinders.  They were usually at least 1/2 of
the price of the OEM dealers and many time only 1/10 of the dealer.   I
had the power steering cylinder off of my Belarus 822, it was leaking
about a gallon every time I put hay out for the cows.  I also needed an
adapter fitting for the new replacement cylinder if I decided to use
it.  The new cylinder had the port 90 degrees off from the old one.  I
spent 5 hours in OKC traveling from hose company to hose company to get
enough parts to build an adapter hose.  While I was in the city I
decided to get the parts to rebuild my old cylinder and forget the
adapter fitting until I could order one from Belarus.  The dealer only
wants $11 for the fitting, and I ended up spending $50+ for the fittings
to make an adapter hose.  When I went to Sealco, the walk in counter was
no longer there and I was told that I would have to supply part numbers
from an online catalog and then there would be a 2 day wait and I could
pick the seals up.  They also said there would be a $100 minimum

So much for Customer Service.  I felt serviced............

So, I looked up the seals from Hercules, they have a lot of seals that
would cross over from the OEM part numbers.  I fould the ones for my
Belarus, but for a $25 order, the postage was $10.00... So, now I need
to get several cylinder seals gathered up and order all at once....

The days of service are gone.

Cecil