[AT] Green Farmall Cub

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Tue Mar 3 05:59:25 PST 2020

I have had several airless campbell hausfeld units that sucked paint out
of a bucket over the years.  They worked ok.  In about 1985 I found a
Hero belt drive airless with a 5 gallon tank over the pump and a 1/2hp
motor.  I sprayed everything with it. Everything except auto type
finishes.  I had bought 125 gallons of oil based paint from a local
college.  It was a sort of beige.  We still have a lot of beige stuff
around here 30 years later. The first thing I painted was my house when
I finished it.  I sprayed 55 gallons of white in about an hour and a
half.  Walls, baseboards, trim, doors, etc.  We needed to move in quick
and I was not going to wait on painters.  That paint is still good after
34 years!!!!!!!!  Back then you could get a variable adjustable tip.
They don't make them any more.  I used to open the tip up to clear
plugs.  With old paint, I was always getting plugged.  I painted a lot
of tractors and equipment with that sprayer and my sandblaster...
Nothing takes old grease off like a sandblaster.
Cecil