[AT] Green Farmall Cub

Indiana Robinson robinson46176 at gmail.com
Tue Mar 3 04:16:19 PST 2020

My father used to tell of early paint shops (1920's and 1930's) painting
cars and letting them skin over good then pushing them either out in the
rain or running a hose over them for a while to "make the paint harder".
He always said that he had no idea if it really helped or not. May have
been snake oil...
He once painted a car (1937 Willys 4 door) by brush after it pretty much
lost its dark maroon factory paint. He used black "stove" paint which had a
reputation (or at least a claim) of flowing out smooth and shiny. It did
hold up decently. Shortly after WW-II he bought a good quality spray outfit
that included a 3 gallon pressure paint tank and did quite a bit of
painting older equipment etc. I still have it and it is still a good unit
even at 70+ years old.
I bought an airless outfit about a year ago but have not used it yet. I
plan to paint several buildings with it including a rental house and a few
grain bins.

.

Francis Robinson
aka "farmer"