[AT] Lost Dutchman Parade in Aoache Junction, AZ

deanvp deanvp at att.net
Mon Mar 2 16:18:12 PST 2020

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy smartphone.
-------- Original message --------From: Indiana Robinson <robinson46176 at gmail.com> Date: 3/2/20  4:49 PM  (GMT-07:00) To: Antique Tractor Email Discussion Group <at at lists.antique-tractor.com> Subject: Re: [AT] Rivets and rivet countersink I Googled brake shoe adhesive and got a boat load of stuff. I suspect that a lot of auto parts places have it on hand, especially someplace like NAPA stock it or can at least order it. One site for Raybestos says it has it in quart cans.A combination of adhesive and rivets would probably be a good move..On Mon, Mar 2, 2020 at 9:57 AM James Peck <jamesgpeck at hotmail.com> wrote:I had a contact who had retired from the former Detroit axle facility of chrysler. He made the point that that facility had an extremely wide range of manufacturing processes, including bonding brake linings to shoes.

Cecil Bearden AT List member, Oklahoma farmer, and Professional Engineer (crbearden at copper.net); Just an afterthought.  Most brake shoes are bonded.  A heat curing glue is used to glue the shoe to the lining.  If you can find the glue the rivets would hold the lining on until the glue would set.  I have a brake shoe oven, bought long ago at a Chrysler dealership that started out as a blacksmith shop in the late 1800's.  However, the glue can was empty and no label.