[AT] What was that salvage tractor?

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 1 12:00:00 PST 2020

Some of the equipment hauling low boys come apart at the goose neck. A hydraulic power unit on the goose neck runs the hydraulics to un/couple it back up. They uncouple and drive the equipment onto the uncoupled end. Once loaded they couple back up.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruehauf_Trailer_Corporation
[https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/3/3b/Henry_Ford_Museum_August_2012_41_%281952_Federal_45M_truck_tractor_with_1946_Fruehauf_semi-trailer%29.jpg/1200px-Henry_Ford_Museum_August_2012_41_%281952_Federal_45M_truck_tractor_with_1946_Fruehauf_semi-trailer%29.jpg]<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruehauf_Trailer_Corporation>
Fruehauf Trailer Corporation - Wikipedia<https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fruehauf_Trailer_Corporation>
Fruehauf Trailer Corporation, previously Fruehauf Trailer Company (1918–1963) and Fruehauf Corporation (1963–1989), was an American company engaged in the manufacture and sale of truck trailers, and other machinery and equipment, with headquarters located in Detroit, Michigan.It was founded in 1918 in Detroit, after August Fruehauf created the semi-trailer and launched a new industry.
en.wikipedia.org