[AT] Cub

szabelski at wildblue.net szabelski at wildblue.net
Tue Jun 30 13:58:37 PDT 2020

Cub engine was always IH built, you’ll find the IH logo on every casted part. You should  have kept the engine and fixed it up. On my Cub it cost me about $80 to get the crankshaft welded and reground to spec, and about $40 for new bearings all around. They also refinished the connecting rods to make sure they were to spec.

Only issue with welding and regrinding was that the shop I went to realized, after they did the welding, that they didn’t have a machine that could grind a crankshaft that small. They found another shop that could do it and they sent it there to get it done. Took about three weeks to get it back.

Carl