[AT] Cub

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Tue Jun 30 11:35:57 PDT 2020

A little off the subject but still about Cubs.  A few years ago I bought
a Cub power unit from a neighbor that had been on a combine.  He let on
that all was fine when they junked the combine. A few months later, he
let on that something had gone wrong with a rod bearing and that they
had tried to fix it with a piece of tin. Well, knowing this neighbor
there is a 99 per cent chance that the crank is ruined, so I lost
interest in trying to get it going. A few days ago as part of another
deal a local machinery jockey saw it and I included it in the deal; he
will part it out for some of the gears he said he can sell. The point of
this post is I always thought the the Cub engine was IH built but he
claims it is a Continental engine. Can anyone on the list give me the
straight scope on the Cub engine.
           Greg Hass