[AT] Cub

Jim Becker mr.jebecker at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 10:47:33 PDT 2020

The guard under the mower flywheel is bent (the reinforcing strap should be horizontal).  It looks like it is bent far enough for the pitman to hit it on each revolution, probably made quite a racket.  That is probably all that is wrong with the mower.

The short eared dash came along in mid-‘49 and the magneto was replaced with battery ignition in mid-50.  If those parts are original, that brackets the age to within about one year.

Check what is in the drain pan.  If coolant, it may have a freeze cracked front bolster.  If it is oil, probably a front seal.  If he is a Porsche owner, he may just be in the habit of sticking a drain pan under everything he owns.  Looks like he missed the oil drips near the bell housing.

No value comments beyond those already given.

Jim Becker