[AT] OT - Any HVAC people on here

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Wed Jun 24 10:47:33 PDT 2020

This doesn't respond to the original post situation but I can say I've
personally installed three mini-split systems. Two were Klimaire Brand
single headed units and I have been well-pleased with them. The second one
of the two did arrive slightly low on coolant and I had to have a friend in
the HVAC business come and add a little coolant.

The third unit was a C&H Branded unit with one outside unit and four inside
heads. It performs perfectly for my uses.

All of the above are heat pumps, and they heat well even when outside temps
are in the teens. If one was to install a unit themselves, they'd do well
to buy, rent or borrow a vacuum pump to evacuate the lines before releasing
the refrigerant. I've done it both ways, but I know evacuating is the best
way to check for leaks and remove moisture.

Warren