[AT] Kubota B2301

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Tue Jun 23 21:22:53 PDT 2020

Coincidentally I am right in the middle of finalizing the sale of a similar machine...

A friend of mine passed last fall and the estate gave me his tractor to sell for them(in fact I mentioned it here on the a few months ago when they approached me for a value).  I just picked it up two weeks ago. It’s a 2003 John Deere 4115.  An incremental step up in terms of horsepower from that Kubota.   4WD and hydrostatic.   It has  350 hours, always dealer serviced and looks and acts like new.  A 4 foot tiller, the tractor with loader and a few other implements and the asking price is 12,000.   After maybe just a dozen phone calls I’m pretty sure I have sold it.  The buyer just made a counter offer today that met the estate halfway and I am sure they will take it but have not heard yet.

Selling price will end up being $11K-ish with the tiller.  The other implements are basically worthless (boom pole, chain harrow, etc) because everyone either has them already or doesn’t want them.  It does come with the John Deere I-Match bar which is kind of nice.

Just a data point that I mention since the size and capabilities are similar.  You don’t give the year of the Kubota but that the John Deere is much older.  But John Deere’s hold their value much better and the Yanmar engine runs out real nice. Plus it’s a slightly bigger machine.

So my guess is $9000 for that Kubota maybe lowballing it a bit but not by much.  The seller is nuts asking $15k IMHO if he/she is serious about selling.

Here is a picture.   The John Deere LX5 rotary cutter  in the pic was not part of the deal.

Sent from my iPhone