[AT] The old tractor curse... Tires and batteries

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Tue Jun 23 04:46:13 PDT 2020

This used to be very common...even as recently as the past 20 years...my
dad managed to skewer a nearly-new, heavyweight 38" tire on an Allis
8030 with a deer antler in the sidewall, and had such a repair done. As
far as I know, the neighbor who bought the tractor is still running on
that tire. The service call wasn't cheap but it beat the heck out of
$500 for a new tire plus labor to remove & replace liquid ballast!

Fun Note: In their last years on the farm, my folks sold off the cattle
and put part of the farm in trees while cropping the rest...within a
couple of years after the herd was gone, it was "replaced" by a herd of
20+ whitetail deer who used to browse in the cornfield within sight of
their front porch. They seemed to thrive on corn stubble.

Mark J