[AT] The old tractor curse... Tires and batteries

ustonThomas Mehrkam tmehrkam at sbcglobal.net
Mon Jun 22 16:08:07 PDT 2020

 This group has changed through out the years.  Now talking about Antique tractor POX! :-}

We purchased a number of damaged tires throughout the years. We had a place in the Houston Area what would vulcanize the tires.  I had a three inch diameter hole in a large rear tire on a farmall H.

This is an old tire that was given to me from a farmer friend. The threads were worn so he retired the tire.  He was a commercial farmer and farmed about 2000 acres.
We ran it five or six years.  I ran over a yaupon stump and knocked a large hole in the middle of the tread. They replace the rubber when done you could not tell that tire was ever damaged. Vulcanized it.  They repaired a lot of tires that way.
That tire still holds air 30 years later.
http://www.dhtire.com/OTR/Tire-Vulcanizing