[AT] Poison Ivy

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sat Jun 13 16:06:04 PDT 2020

I doubt it’s about the money - more about an approach with less of a chemical footprint.  I know zip about that chemical foot print of the compounds discussed here so I leave it to others to decide if that chemical footprint is worth a concern or not.  I also leave everyone with the reminder that not all chemical footprints are well known, regardless of the labeling and short term general consensus.

Personally I just use roundup on the low, bushy poison ivy.   The climbing vines I hack a 1’ section out of it.   When that vine re-emerges I hit it with round up.  Works great.

I have to have round-up for the grasses and weeds that try to tear up the edges and cracks of our private asphalt road. So the cost of a little extra round-up for poison ivy control is of no financial/chemical footprint concern to me.

I have very little reaction to poison ivy. I pretty much have to roll around in it for me to even get a few blisters. But my poor wife really suffers. She generally gets it in early spring. I assume she’s getting into the roots of the poison ivy while she’s planting annuals and working beds before the low bushy stuff emerges and can been seen/identified.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone