[AT] While we are OT on Refrigerators.

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Sun Jun 7 05:39:22 PDT 2020

There are some ridiculously cheap refrigerant options but I wouldn't go
near any system that used them...

An 80/20 mix of propane and isobutane supposedly has a nearly identical
eutectic curve (refrigerant behavior characteristic) as R-12 - even
carries refrigerant oil through the system in a comparable manner. For
obvious reasons, using it, particularly in cars, is illegal as hell.

Some back-alley shops in NYC got caught using this mix and were fined in
the 5-6 digit range...

Mark J