[AT] Slow Day

Brian Lesh lesh at kci.net
Sat Jul 25 07:32:45 PDT 2020

I drove a 1971 Dodge 900 that the owner had taken the 5 speed out and
put a Sun-Strand hydro-static transmission in thinking that he could put
about anybody in them to drive.  They left the 4 speed Brownie in.
These trucks pulled pups and grossed between 85,000 and 100,00 running
24/7 for about 3 months of the year.   They weren't very reliable in
this particular application and wasn't much fun to drive.  Just wrap it
up to 2000 rpm and go.

Brian CO