[AT] 16 HP Onan twin

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Tue Jul 21 06:18:11 PDT 2020

Cecil Bearden wrote:

> Replacing the seat is not that big of a deal.   There is a cement that
> will work to glue them in.  If you can remove the seat and clean seat
> and block, then use the glue Loctite something I think, then use a fine
> center punch to raise the metal around the rim of the seat then peen it
> back down.  I have worked on a lot of Onan Engines...  They were the
> power units for brush pumper units....   Steve W might jump in here too
> as I am sure he has repaired some..  Steve????
> Cecil

I've used a couple "glues", the catch is that you need a close fit to
make them work real well.

Seal-Lock Fluid Weld is one that is still available. I have silver
soldered a few as well, but that usually requires the seat to be re-cut
or at least lapped in to be sure it seals. The good thing there is that
the silver acts to transfer the heat away better then the glue does.

Peening can help but once done it's hard to do much else.

--
Steve W.