[AT] Subject: Re: 16 HP Onan twin

Greg Hass ghass at m3isp.com
Mon Jul 20 10:37:56 PDT 2020

Over the years I have seen 4 of this problem although I'm not in the
business. All were aluminum engines. A couple I tried the punching
around the valve trick; both only lasted a few hours. The last was on my
daughters mower. It was an overhead valve single cylinder. I called the
repair place and asked what they did for this problem and they said a
new head, which is what I did and it is still running. As has already
been mentioned I know of no glue that would take the heat plus the
hammering action of the valve. Also, because they were aluminum engines,
the hole for the seat had been slopped out causing an even bigger problem.
                Greg Hass