[AT] OT Tow vehicle levelling

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Wed Jan 22 08:23:05 PST 2020

Claims Toyota wants Suzuki's share of the India automobile market.

https://carbuzz.com/news/the-surprising-reason-why-toyota-partnered-with-suzuki

I am saying this without fact checking first, so more info may surface.

GM bought control of Isuzu to get assistance with the Duramax diesel engines.
GM sold their 49% of Isuzu prior to the GM bankruptcy.
Assembly of Isuzu pickups and larger trucks and GM badged versions  in the Janesville Wisconsin plant that at one time made Samson tractors stopped due to the bankruptcy.
Toyota bought 16% interest in Isuzu.
Toyota made Isuzu stop selling passenger vehicles in the US.
Toyota sold off their shares in Isuzu.
Toyota seems to be trying to gain Hino truck market share at the expense of Isuzu.

Spencer Yost AT List Owner (spencer at rdfarms.com); <snip> I had  a 1998 Isuzu trooper. It was rated to tow 5000 pounds. The engine and braking could handle 5000 pounds of trailer and antique tractor no problem. However, the rear suspension did not handle a tongue weight of much more than 500 pounds which is difficult to achieve if you’re maxing out the trailer at 5000 pounds. So I added a weight distributing hitch:  Made all the difference in the world.  I loved that hitch on that mid-sized SUV.  I sold that SUV with 238,000 miles on it and still running perfect. .<snip> _______________________________________________
AT mailing list
AT at lists.antique-tractor.com