[AT] OT Draft Exemption Exam

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Mon Jan 20 19:06:38 PST 2020

Timing had a lot to do with what was happening. I was in ROTC, and went to summer camp training shortly after we pulled out of Vietnam.  The need for more officers changed dramatically. I was wanting to do helicopter pilot training, and the physical for it showed some minor kink in my back. They said I did not qualify as a pilot. I ask in I did not qualify as a pilot, did I qualify as a soldier. Next day I was on the street looking for a summer job, and ended up working for a taxicab company as mechanic/driver.
If it was a year or two earlier, I would have been a helicopter pilot.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad