[AT] Tractor broke the flange off the hub

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Jan 20 16:37:55 PST 2020

The hub that broke was a Hy-Capacity hub that was installed about 6
years ago.  I has some problems with the wheel studs and replaced the
hubs and bearings and also purchased some aftermarket wheels that have a
1/2in thick center.  They were expensive, but worth every penny.  The
tractor has a woods DuAll loader and I think it is too far out in front
of the tractor.  It is nice for setting bales over the fence, but it
puts a strain on the front axle. This is the first time I ever broke the
flange off of a hub..  and in 60 years of tractor work, the first one I
have seen.
Cecil