[AT] tractor hauler a pain to install headlights.

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Jan 15 07:35:54 PST 2020

My "new"2011 Silverado 2500 HD LTZ is the nicest truck and vehicle I
have ever owned.  It runs great and for 185000 miles it uses no oil and
pulls anything I need a 3/4 ton for.  However, the lights are terrible.
I ordered a new set of headlights online for $140 instead of trying to
buff out the old ones.  I spent ab out an hour trying to install them
yesterday then gave up and looked at Alldatadiy.com.   The factory
estimate is 1.1 hours for installation and that is about 3 hours short
of what it will take.   My truck has a cowcatcher on the front,  It has
to come off, the lower plastic and the bumper have to come off to get to
the grill that has to come off and then I can get the headlight out.
This is the problem of designing with Autocad and those other computer
drafting programs. The designer has no idea of the clearance in the
finished product. 1/2inch would have probably allowed removal without
all the other parts being removed.  The grill could be removed if there
was another 1/2 inch between the grill and the bumper.I decided to just
try to buff the old ones.  Whoever authorized this installation should
have been neutered with a dull knife.
Cecil