[AT] For tech-weary Midwest farmers, 40-year-old tractors now a hot commodity - StarTribune.com

bradloomis at charter.net bradloomis at charter.net
Sat Jan 11 11:46:10 PST 2020

http://www.startribune.com/for-tech-weary-midwest-farmers-40-year-old-tracto
rs-now-a-hot-commodity/566737082/?refresh=true
<http://www.startribune.com/for-tech-weary-midwest-farmers-40-year-old-tract
ors-now-a-hot-commodity/566737082/?refresh=true&utm_source=newsletter&utm_me
dium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosfutureofwork&stream=future>
&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=newsletter_axiosfutureo
fwork&stream=future

I was speaking with an acquaintance this morning who teaches Material
Engineering at Cal Poly SLO. I asked about his recent trip to Iowa, did six
weeks a NIU? Apparently he teaches casting, probably from the metallurgical
standpoint. He mentioned he had visited several foundries in the area, JD
and affiliated, I assume. With the recent discussion on casting parts here I
got interested. Didn't have time to elaborate, but I did find out that there
are 57 foundries in California. Hard to imagine with all the pollution
controls.

Bradford