[AT] For tech-weary Midwest farmers, 40-year-old tractors now a hot commodity - StarTribune.com

Mike M meulenms at gmx.com
Fri Jan 10 14:26:11 PST 2020

John Deere, is biting themselves in the a** with this move farmers need
to be able to fix their own stuff. On vacation now in the Florida keys,
and managed to run into a farmer that farms around 1500 acres in
Illinois. His favorite tractor is a 1979 John Deere 4440.  Their new
stuff just turns him off. With 4900 hours on it I'd say he's about 1/2
way through to a rebuild. Does everything he needs it to do and no
computer crap.

Mike M