[AT] [OT How now rusty cow

Mogrits mogrits at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 17:27:26 PST 2020

I'm late on this topic but can offer this: A friend is COO of a good sized
trucking company. He monitors their fleet in realtime on flatscreen TVs and
dives into minutiae of operating efficiencies looking for a penny a mile
where he can. He had some iteration of these magnets installed on a
percentage of their fleet and watched it for a while- I think 6 mos or so.
Whatever vendor sold him this idea sold it on speculation, guaranteeing
savings. (My friend is pretty shrewd).
He told me the results were mixed but disappointing. The only trucks where
they saw fuel savings were the trucks where they informed the drivers of
the magnets. On the trucks where the drivers had no knowledge, it was
business as usual.

They did not buy more magnets and offered the return of the ones installed.

Warren