[AT] tractor hauling truck

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 24 03:19:13 PST 2020

By the time we tried metrication in the USA (around 1975-1982 per
Wikipedia) there was already a vast amount of imported goods here that used
metric fasteners, including cars and trucks and motorcycles and tractors
and machine tools and the list goes on and on.  Personally, I had little
Honda dirtbikes in the early 1970's, before the official push, and I was
busy collecting Craftsman metric sockets and combo wrenches right alongside
my growing SAE collection like it was no big deal.  I cannot imagine a
United States so insular that we could all get along fine with nothing but
SAE in our boxes.

SO