[AT] OT- Computer help please

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Mon Feb 17 15:04:23 PST 2020

What justifies the cost, well someone has to plug it into a computer, start the write process,unplug it and put it in a mailbox. That 15 minutes of time is worth something (though hopefully they are doing something else while waiting). Someone also needs to create the image to install, including picking programs, verifying it installs and works... That too is worth time, though spread across all customers (and you probably start with work someone else did for free). There is a small chance that someone wrote custom software to make it all easier again worth some time.

How much is up to you.

Beware of that last one if you want to make copies yourself. Custom software running on Linux exists and isn't something you can copy.
--
 Henry Miller
 hank at millerfarm.com