[AT] Linux powered old tractors (Off topic)

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Mon Feb 17 10:29:55 PST 2020

It’s been so long since my machines have had a CD-RW drive I forget the folks still have them :-) Since you have a CD-RW you can burn a bootable CD also.   For you that might even be better than messing with a stick that may or may not work.

Another note.   At first you’ll just want to burn a “live” CD (the OS runs off the CD) rather than an installation disk(will try to install rather than run).  Linux is generally MUCH faster than windows but you may notice some performance concerns since you will be running off a CD.  After you play around and are comfortable you can then create an installation CD and try your hand at a dual boot machine(if you have enough disc space).

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone