[AT] Linux powered old tractors (Off topic)

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Mon Feb 17 07:03:06 PST 2020

OK, I've got the laptop on my desk now.  I had the model wrong.  Actually a
Dell Precision M4400.  Vintage 2009 unchanged ;-)

F12 Boot options:

CD/DVD/CD-RW Drive
Internal HDD (IRRT)
Cardbus NIC
Onboard NIC

But it appears that maybe it will boot from USB.  Not sure on that, but
here's an observation:  when a thumb drive (non-bootable) is plugged in
prior to power-up, this prevents booting from the internal hard drive.  It
just sits there, locked, with some ROM info on screen.

Now that I'm this far, I should probably download a Linux flavor onto USB
and see what happens next.

SO