[AT] David Brown

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Tue Feb 4 04:16:02 PST 2020

My family got the first PTO driven orchard sprayer, used, in the mid-60s. The previous ones had cypress wood tanks with onboard engines.  I can remember that sprayer coupled up to a neighbors wide front Case.

I did not pay attention to Case in those days so I do not know the model. I'll probably need to look at a lineup of Case models to decide which one it was.

I was used to seeing that Case coupled up to a Hopto towed backhoe.

It likely did not have live PTO.

I have greatly enjoyed your posts, Tom. Please continue.

Thomas Martin AT List Member (tmartin at xtra.co.nz);  David Brown was very strong locally, being an large orcharding area, PTO performance was in demand. DB always out-performed both MF & Ford in driving PTO driven orchard sprayers. The drag of MF & Ford having the PTO shaft running in oil, was detrimental when getting maximum % of flywheel HP to the PTO output shaft. SAME scored well for the same reasons as DB.