[AT] David Brown

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Mon Feb 3 09:48:37 PST 2020

Graeme Quick claims NZ has no agricultural equipment manufacturing industry. Ouch. The advantage is that you can simply buy the best from wherever.

[Thomas Martin] Hi James
Last century, the foreman mechanic at the local David Brown dealership owned a Ferguson-Brown, when he migrated to Canada, it disappeared, I think it went for scrap! :-(

David Brown was very strong locally, being an large orcharding area, PTO performance was in demand. DB always out-performed both MF & Ford in driving PTO driven orchard sprayers.
The drag of MF & Ford having the PTO shaft running in oil, was detrimental when getting maximum % of flywheel HP to the PTO output shaft. SAME scored well for the same reasons as DB.

Thank your friend for the favourable tick! :-) BTW We have three islands bigger than the Shetlands...