[AT] CAV Fuel Injection was Standard Ricardo Fuel Injection

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 11:49:45 PST 2020

Looks like CAV became Lucas which became Delphi. Delphi headquarters are in Troy, Michigan right off I75.

https://www.tractorpartsdirect.com/CAV-Lucas-Delphi-Fuel-Injection-Pump-Repair-Kit

Does this pump look like the one on Guy's AC ED40?
https://www.amazon.com/Ferguson-Injection-Standard-3243F390-3240F011/dp/B07KLG63R8

Cecil Bearden AT List member, Oklahoma farmer, and Professional Engineer (crbearden at copper.net); The Perkins A3.152 engines I worked on had a CAV pump and used an injector set at 1750 to 1800 PSI cracking pressure.  If the pump was a little weak we would drop the cracking pressure down to 1600-1650.  It would help starting if the tractor had a good battery.   It advanced the timing of the injection some.  By lowering the injector cracking pressure, we could make a weak head/rotor combo last another  200-250 hours.