[AT] Ferguson aluminum use was David Brown

James Peck jamesgpeck at hotmail.com
Sun Feb 16 06:21:54 PST 2020

This link mentions some 9Ns with aluminum hoods as well.

https://www.farmcollector.com/community/mecum-tractor-of-the-century

Aaron Dickinson AT List Member and soda blastor (mailto:a_dickinson at att.net); The TEA-20 has a Standard 85MM bore 92MM stroke engine. The top portion of the hood is aluminum, the grill and dog legs are steel on mine, there is also an extra hood brace back near the dash, and a sliding hood guide/support that attaches to the front of the gas tank and rides in a track attached to the inside sides of the hood.

My 1952 Ferguson TEA-20 has aluminum transmission housing and cover, aluminum oil pan, aluminum timing cover, and aluminum hood. Seems there are some other aluminum castings as well (steering box?)

[James] Is the TEA-20 hood stamped aluminum? Does it have the Standard engine. This is new info for me.