[AT] Checkrow planting?

Al Jones farmallsupera1 at gmail.com
Mon Feb 3 08:59:21 PST 2020

I've been reading up on checkrow corn planting.

I bought a fairly good IH A-218 two row checkrow planter for a Super A.  I
hope tor restore it for our state show this May.  (Got to get going!)  It's
in good shape other than missing the spool. etc. for the check wire.

I understand based on what I can find about pulling out the wire, etc.  My
question is, when you move the wire over for the next row, and stick the
stake back into the ground, how do you line up the buttons on the wire so
that it will drop the seed in the right place?  All the instructions I can
find just say to move the wire over but it looks like that it you don't get
the wire tight enough, or you get it too tight, or you move the stake back
or forwaHannah HardinAlrd too much, it'll throw off the check for the next
row--or at least that's how I picture it.

Any better explanation appreciated!