[AT] Teflon tape hydraulic system??

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Dec 14 06:03:51 PST 2020

I have had so many leaks on hydraulic fittings the last 5 years that I
have no choice but to use the tape.  I make sure that if I remove a hose
or fitting I clean out the port or the threads and use new tape..  I
even bought some blue teflon hydraulic paste that was supposed to seal
10K psi.   It still leaked.  I converted most of my loader hose fittings
to NPT so I could use a universal hose.  I only keep NPT hose fittings
to crimp on hoses when I make my own hose.  Most of the time I purchase
a hose for the loaders as I don't trust my crimping where I might have
myself or anyone under a lift...  I try to never have anyone under a
loader, but crap happens.  The closest scare I had was when a factory
New Holland top link broke while connected to a 3pt disk we were working
on.  It broke the swivel end off at the tractor just as my helper moved
his foot from under a disk blade...

Cecil