[AT] [External] New Subject -- Tower Hose Clamps

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Sat Dec 5 04:05:24 PST 2020

Glad that Jim mentioned the twist, because that's been my experience on the
old ones.  Sometimes they're in positions where it's hard to get some
pliers on them to fight the twist, and your day just unravels from that
point.

Quick rant on a slightly different topic:  Modern spiral-type hose clamps
that claim to be stainless steel.  I've run into some where the band is
stainless but the worm-screw is plain steel.  In fact, the lower radiator
hose on my old '96 F-250 was held by such a clamp.  One day, getting rid of
trash at the local transfer station, suddenly the truck is sitting in a sea
of coolant.  It dumps out fast when that big hose disconnects itself.  The
non-stainless worm screw had rusted away and released the band.  While
repairing it, I discovered you could ask for "ALL Stainless" clamps at the
local NAPA and those words appear on the package.

SO