[AT] 1935 JD B Testing progress.

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Wed Dec 2 06:56:45 PST 2020

35 years ago I started acquiring machine shop equipment.  It started
with my South Bend Lathe and grew from there.  It is a sickness when you
start acquiring machine shop equip.  I also started collecting
automotive machine shop equip.  to rebuild industrial engines.  I can
bore blocks grind valves and If I could set a head up on my surface
grinder  could shave the head.  I brought in a Berco crankshaft grinder
from the oil patch.  It will grind a 7 ft long crank. It was sitting on
a trailer n a shed until the damned Oklahoma weather decided to send a
cat 1 tornado over my shed.  It  laid it out.  One of those Morton
buildings. The 2x12 top chord of the trusses split just below the
hurricane anchor and the roof peeled off then the walls fell out.   I
figured how to build some steel trusses and just fasten the on and set
it back up.  Then a North wind sent the entire building across 20
acres...   I will never build another wooden building in this country.
This one was moved in from 1/2 mile away...  I only build with steel.....
Cecil