[AT] Engine oil

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Sat Aug 15 21:54:17 PDT 2020

Hey Tyler, I use Rotella 15w-40 in all my diesels too.    Never had a problem related to oil that I’ve been able to discern.   I think your friend emphasized it because it’s proven and widely used.   No idea if the chemistry is actually better but I try not to mess with success,

John:   The timing of your problems and your switch to a different oil does seem more than coincidental.   I’d definitely experiment with a different brand if I were you.  The compression test is probably a good idea too.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone