[AT] OT new to me tractor-need advice

jslavin at marktwain.net jslavin at marktwain.net
Fri Aug 7 14:29:52 PDT 2020

Hello everyone:

A bit off topic, but I’m needing a bit of advice, and I know this group is a wealth of information. Just bought my first Deere tractor (Antique Reference-Old 1958 Farmall 450, is getting some much deserved rest in the barn). It's a used but new to me 2012 model year 5075M with a cab, MFWD, and an H260 loader. It has the joystick and 2 valves for the loader functions.  I see references to a dealer installed field kit for some models with a third function with the triple mid selective control. I'd like to get a grappler. Anybody know if  there is an option of taking this particular tractor to a dealer and having them add a third function kit with the new joystick with the switch for the 3rd valve? I know where available these are somewhat pricey, but how pricey? I know there are other options using Power Beyond, but what I don't like about some of them is the loss of the Deere joystick. I'd almost rather just run hoses from the rear SCVs than do that.

John S.