[AT] Burn bans

Dennis Johnson moscowengnr at outlook.com
Wed Apr 22 20:13:33 PDT 2020

Mike,

This virus has caused many people and officials to try and demonstrate that they have power. Much of this is based on fear - many times fear that if they do not do something voters will accuse them of being a poor leader. There is also a great divide amount voters, several who live in a similar fear wanting government to protect them at any cost. Many care little about the lives of others, there jobs, employment, etc.
One example of this absurdity is people in Michigan cannot go to there vacation homes based on the reasoning that the extra fuel used at gas pumps will increase exposure for health care workers who needed to fuel up.
Maybe this time the reasoning is that the extra diesel used to light fires will increase exposure to the few health care workers driving diesel vehicles. Maybe someone is against global warming, and wanting fires like this to stop In an effort to reduce global warming. In these times little things like this can spread exponentially just like a virus.

Hopefully this will minimize soon and many things will get back closer to normal. I am afraid that this can be a test to see how far many of our freedoms can be reduced.

Dennis

Sent from my iPad