[AT] New fangled tractor question

Andy Glines andyglines at hotmail.com
Fri Apr 17 14:00:45 PDT 2020

Farmer, I have almost the same tractor 2004 TC40DA and they were called "Boomer" tractors when I bought mine new in the spring of 2005.  There is a web page that specializes in the compact diesels like these.  Your nephew may want to look at tractorbynet.com  There is even a section on buying/pricing of New Holland tractors.  https://www.tractorbynet.com/forums/new-holland-buying-pricing/  and other sections on own and operating these machines.  There are a few versions of the 40hp tractor of that vintage and its hard to say price without knowing which one he is looking at. My tractor is the "delux" model with hydrostatic transmission, 17LA loader, R4 tires, & Supersteer.  Its been a great machine and now has about 1200 hours on it with few issues.  I do not think that it is terribly rare for a compact tractor like this to be very low on hours.  It amazes me how many people buy these machines and they never leave the barn.  New Holland compact tractors, of this vintage, were built in North Carolina and mine has a Shibuara engine.   Farmer, you or you nephew can write me directly if I can answer questions, be sure to mention new holland tractor in the subject line so I won't mistake it for spam.