[AT] [External] Re: OT — Tablet computers

Henry Miller hank at millerfarm.com
Thu Apr 16 08:14:36 PDT 2020

That is like asking how a plow attaches to your tractor. Without knowing if you have a 3 point, tow behind, fast hitch, or one of the million other ideas engineers have come up with over the years. If you have the same connector on both ends it works. If not sometimes you can get an adapter sometimes not.

--
 Henry Miller
 hank at millerfarm.com

On Thu, Apr 16, 2020, at 09:58, Stephen Offiler wrote:
> Google will have my answer but I'm working right now and don't want to waste time going down any rabbit holes. My question is how the SSD's connect. USB? If so, do they need 2.0, 3.0?
>
> SO
>

> On Thu, Apr 16, 2020 at 9:40 AM Gunnells, Brad R <brad-gunnells at uiowa.edu> wrote:
>> An SSD will really breath new life into old hardware. Especially laptops. Many laptop hard drives are 5400 RPM instead of 7200 like most desktops. (or at least that's what I'd seen several years ago).
>>
>> SSD drives have come down in price and a 120GB can be found for under $30 and a 240GB for under $50.
>>
>> So an SSD and linux OS can take what was a paper weight and make it a fairly usable machine for most peoples use. It's what I call a form of recycling. 🙂
>>
>> Brad

Charlie