[AT] OT — Tablet computers

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Tue Apr 14 13:12:34 PDT 2020

First off:  great gift idea.   I’m sure she’ll appreciate it.

 Apple keeps a really tight control on prices and their partners can’t undercut them by much.  The few bucks you might save at Newegg may not be worth it since Apple presale support is pretty good. In addition if you buy from Apple I understand they take trade-ins. At least get some credit on your wife’s current iPad.

Also get the model that is just “iPad“. There is an iPad Pro, iPad Air, etc. Just the straight up iPad is what you need. 32 GB model should be plenty as well since she doesn’t use the camera.    Might want to double check her current usage tho to be sure.   She might also start using the camera when she sees how good the camera has gotten.

Connectors have changed quite a bit over the years. If she has any devices she wants to plug-in you might need to check on getting an adapter.   I guess that can come after the unwrapping.

As an aside:  I’ve been doing software for a living for a long time and I have never understood many folks reluctance to use Apple products. Sure, they are expensive. But they’re really good products and Apple is more likely than any other vendor to support their customers, back their product and protect your privacy. Those are important things to me. Full disclosure:  I have a personal Mac and a work Mac.

Good luck!

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone