[AT] Back To Linux Discussion

Spencer Yost spencer at rdfarms.com
Thu Apr 9 14:57:39 PDT 2020

I use wireless access point in a house window nearest the shop and a wireless router in the shop window closest to the house set up for client bridging.  The two are close enough for this to work.

Between the shop and the barn which is more than 100 yards, I use a radio link. It’s cheap and easy.  The wireless router in barn that is connected to the radio link is again set up as a  client bridge

I have to have wireless in the barn because the alpacas like to binge watch Animal Planet. (-;  Seriously I have cameras all around the barn to keep an eye on the animals and this lets me just bring up a camera on my phone.

The radiolink product I use is discontinued, but I think the below is probably what it became.   Do your own research before buying:

EnGenius Technologies Long Range 11n 5GHz Wireless Bridge/Access Point (ENH500) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B006M1PM22/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_i_qI5JEbS17B75C

I’m done with wires.  Everything is wireless.

Spencer

Sent from my iPhone