[AT] Back To Linux Discussion

Mark Johnson markjohnson100 at centurylink.net
Thu Apr 9 12:00:47 PDT 2020

Farmer:

As long as your Ethernet cable is < 300 feet you should be fine...get
the best cable you can buy, though. Cat7 shielded cable will cost more
but will be much more resistant to electrical noise for a lengthy
underground run.

I don't know how well insulated your farm shop might be, but it's
entirely possible, if your "temperature controlled closet" is built
correctly, that just letting the computer run all the time through the
winter will provide enough heat to keep the distilled water and weed
chemicals from freezing. Some experimentation might be needed to get
insulation/venting balanced well enough for that. 9 months out of the
year it won't be a problem anyway!

Best regards,
Mark J, former Hoosier and lifelong Boilermaker...Purdue Ag Class of 1978
Columbia, Missouri