[AT] Kubota M5700 noise

Cecil Bearden crbearden at copper.net
Mon Apr 6 11:17:21 PDT 2020

I have a 2003 F-150 4wd that had a broke cross member and a clicking
that sounded like the air conditioner clutch.  At this time I was having
work done as my back was killing me.  Mechanic replaced A/C clutch and
it still clicked.  He said drive it till it quits.  Last time I ever
used him....  Took it to Transmission shop and $600 later it had a new
flex plate.  Had to weld up cross member under transmission tail.  6
months later had to rebuild transmission.  $2300 and I pulled a trailer
about 150 miles and when I got back the flex plate clicking again.  It
was during Christmas of 2018.  Trans guy was on vacation.  It  still
sits here as I had t o use it to feed cattle with and have not had time
to make appt. o get flex plate replaced.  F-150 torque converters expand
if they get hot and break the flex plate.

Cecil