[AT] OT: non-tractor covid-19 activates

Steve W. swilliams268 at frontier.com
Sun Apr 5 19:00:35 PDT 2020

Stephen Offiler wrote:
> Steve:
>
> Scribes - yes, quite possible we made yours.   We do about 100,000 a
> year.  Makes me wonder sometimes where they all go!  The majority go out
> as either Blue-Point (black anodized, laser mark logo) or Moody (blue
> ano, no mark) and some go out bare aluminum under different brands like
> King or Nasco.  The majority have pressed-in picks; whereas, the one I
> showed in the video has threaded, replaceable picks.  If anybody cared
> to watch the video you might have noticed the drilling and tapping on
> both ends.  It roughly doubles the cycle time vs the pressed-in design.
> The almost-finished part sits and waits and waits for the back-drill and
> back-tap.  BTW the pressed design gets a little green Loctite as
> insurance policy.
>
> Watch those puncture wounds; they infect easily.  Now is not a good time
> for a visit to the ER!
>
> SO

Mine are blue-point IIRC. Been a while since I got them. I have about 3
sets, come in handy to remove small parts and clips..

Yeah, a bit late for the ER, I was just in there in late Feb. They
decided to install a couple stents and I get to stab myself at lest 5
times a day, at least the needles are tiny.

--
Steve W.