[AT] OT: non-tractor covid-19 activates

Stephen Offiler soffiler at gmail.com
Sat Apr 4 04:23:03 PDT 2020

Steve:

Scribes - yes, quite possible we made yours.   We do about 100,000 a year.
Makes me wonder sometimes where they all go!  The majority go out as either
Blue-Point (black anodized, laser mark logo) or Moody (blue ano, no mark)
and some go out bare aluminum under different brands like King or Nasco.
The majority have pressed-in picks; whereas, the one I showed in the video
has threaded, replaceable picks.  If anybody cared to watch the video you
might have noticed the drilling and tapping on both ends.  It roughly
doubles the cycle time vs the pressed-in design.  The almost-finished part
sits and waits and waits for the back-drill and back-tap.  BTW the pressed
design gets a little green Loctite as insurance policy.

Watch those puncture wounds; they infect easily.  Now is not a good time
for a visit to the ER!

SO

 So you made my scribes...  I was touching up the tip of one the other